Tuesday, 7 July 2009

Cliques

I hate them. I REALLY hate them. Unless I'm in it of course, then it's not so bad. I'm in with some of the Yummy Mummies and we go for lunches, oh hello! I invited a couple of them over for lunch tomorrow. Cue pressure! I have to make nutritious food for the babes AND something for the Mummies AND convince them that we don't live in squalor... So instead of housework I play on the computer...I'm fully committed to this procrastinating lark. 

Somehow I ended up inviting someone who I don't really like. When you're a parent you get stuck with people you have NOTHING in common with. We both have a kid. That's it... She heard the others talking and then asked me if I had plans for tomorrow and I just couldn't lie to her so she's coming along too... I'm dreading it. I'm not a snob, really I'm not. We're as working class as they come (well my side anyway) but this girl is common. We were in the Co-op when she starts telling me about her friend's 8lbs newborn and asks me, at the top of her voice, if I could imagine pushing something that big out of my fanny. Well yes. Obviously I can, love.

No comments:

Post a Comment