Tuesday, 21 July 2009

Firestarter, twisted firestarter...

It's official. The bab is trying to kill me. He's heard about this life insurance and has decided he wants a piece of the action. Earlier on I was scraping poo into the toilet (have I mentioned how much I love cloth nappies?...) while the little scamp was busying himself in the bedroom. He got my hair straighteners out, plugged them in, turned them on and left them on the BED! Thankfully I noticed in time, although there is a small mark on the sheet. I wouldn't mind so much but I was actually parenting at the time! If I'd been sitting in the garden painting my nails and sipping a Pina Colada, that would have been another thing.... I knew it was going to be a great day when I got a parking ticket...outside my own freakin' house...The most annoying part is that the ticket was issued TWO minutes before I moved the car. In the traffic wardens defence, it was on the double yellow lines but *I* wasn't the one who left it there...coughWillycough.

To turn serious for a moment - my Mom's operation is tomorrow. She's having a hysterectomy and she's as nervous as anything. I am too although I'm not letting on, I'm doing the whole "Ah, you'll be fine!" thing. I'm not so good at this grown up lark. Operations, especially the anaesthetic part really freak me out and there's nothing useful I can do. I know that tomorrow I'll be a ball of nerves until I hear from my Dad. I've been praying tonight, I rarely pray but I felt like I needed to.I'm hoping the big guy takes note, I try not to ask him for too much so hopefully that works in my favour.

No comments:

Post a Comment