Jack is doing much better. She's up and about now and she's complaining so that's a good sign that she's on the mend. I'm going to see her on Sunday like the dutiful daughter I am. The inlaws are coming to "help" Willy look after Bevan. Any excuse to see him!
Thursday, 23 July 2009
Trying to restore order to this house of chaos
I'm not really sure how it happened but somehow, my house is a shithole. It's not dirty or overly messy, there's just stuff everywhere. The thought of getting even more stuff in the form of plastic noisy things next month has inspired me to take action. So I'm having a clear out..... well, that's the plan anyway. I am the biggest hoarder ever, I keep cards, tickets, perfume bottles, hair, teeth, clothes that don't fit and never will but I have an emotional attachment to, books I'll never read again, films I'll never watch... you get the picture. I did intend to start today but had a poorly husband at home (he claims to have swine flu *eyeroll*). When Daddy is around Bevan must be inches from him. The poor guy was trying to get some sleep and he kept going in to climb all over him and show him interesting things like his fire engine and a yogurt raisin that he'd squished. So we had to go out and my planned sorting session didn't really happen. That's too bad. I did make an excellent start on the mountain of ironing. I didn't realise there was quite so much of it...I do everything I can to avoid it but it was getting out of hand. I decided I would make myself do 10 things and then I could go and do something else. On my 5th pile of "only 10 things" I decided that I'm not going to let that happen again. Or I'm going to get an ironing lady...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment