I'm off to see Jack tomorrow on my own. I know it's a bad idea to take Bevan but I think they'll be sad to not see him. Despite her claiming that she dislikes babies, she loves to see him. I've been instructed not to take any flowers and my offers to make soups have been refused. I could hear her trying not to laugh as I started my "but Mom, you need good nutrition right now..." You just can't tell some people!
Sunday, 26 July 2009
Nee nars!
We took Bevan to the open day at the fire station today and we had a great time. He's of an age now where we can take him along to things like that and he seems to have some understanding of what's going on and gets excited. He was fascinated by all the nee nars and got to sit in a police car, fire engine and go in an ambulance. He wasn't so bothered about the ambulance or the fire safety display but he loved taking a turn with the hose and the fair rides. It was lovely watching him react to everything, his little face was just full of joy, awww! We were a couple of media whores, both of us armed with a camera (I was taking the stills of course) in an attempt to preserve every fun thing he does. It'll be proof when he's older that he DID have a happy, fun filled childhood! There were tears when it was time to leave and then he did his "slightly hysterical hyperactive toddler" trick in Borders which involves lots of shrieking, shouting "Ow do?" at strangers (so northern) and a shelf stripping frenzy while we looked on in horror. I felt judged. Mr Willis very kindly spent the afternoon helping (aka doing it all) with my CV for Jessops. Fingers crossed that I get an interview! I think I should, my CV looks very impressive now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment